If anyone would have told me 4 years ago I would be living in a land far, far away with a guy that just….gets me…I would have never believed them. My dating relationship with Jared, which just turned 4 on 2/9/17, is the longest relationship I have ever had with anyone (dating wise). I haven’t even worked at a single company for that long, which is probably rare for someone my age.
There isn’t much else to it, besides that we kind of met by chance. He, originally from Ohio, and me, being from South Carolina, both decided it was a good idea to call Miami home for a while at separate times of our lives…and that is how we met. In the Sunshine State. Little Cuba. The Venice of the Americas. And I am forever grateful for that one November night that we crossed paths in 2012…
We filmed a fun Q&A on my channel in honor of our 4 year anniversary. We haven’t done anything like this before so I figured what better time then now? We answer questions such as how we met, our favorite memory together, discuss kids and marriage. Plus where we see ourselves living in the future…still kind of ‘tbd’.
I wanted to share some of my favorite memories with Jared over the past 4 years. Luckily, we have never had to do long distance, so we are pretty close in that we see each other daily and are with each other even more now than ever.
So, without further adieu, here are some of my favorite memories:
- Experiencing a NBA championship in Miami | 6.2013
- Riding the coasters at Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH | 8.2013
- Attending our first concert together to see Kanye at the American Airlines Arena | 11.2013
- Going to Disney World for the first time for our one year anniversary | 2.9.14
- Winning a free two night stay at a hotel on Miami Beach for 4th of July Weekend | 7.2014
- Our first spa day and massage at the Fountainbleu Hotel in Miami Beach | 12.2014
- Going to see our first musical, The Lion King, on Broadway in Ft Lauderdale | 1.2015
- Skydiving-My video and Jared’s video | 4.2015
- Getting our first apartment together in Ft Lauderdale | 4.2015
- Our First Vacation Overseas | 6.2015
- Moving to Italy | 7.2016
- Traveling to France and Spain for the first time | 8.2016
We have had our fair share of great experiences and hope we can continue to live a life well traveled rich in culture, language, food, and love.
Thank you all for being a part of our journey. Also, I just decided, that with each blog post I want to leave you with a quote, verse, or thought I’m pondering at the moment. So today I am leaving you with this…
“Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”- Isaiah 41:10.
Read this verse this past week and felt like it came at just the right time. Hope it does the same for you.
All my love,