Here’s to Four Years…

What If We Blog - Apartment - Aug 8

If anyone would have told me 4 years ago I would be living in a land far, far away with a guy that just….gets me…I would have never believed them. My dating relationship with Jared, which just turned 4 on 2/9/17, is the longest relationship I have ever had with anyone (dating wise). I haven’t even worked at a single company for that long, which is probably rare for someone my age.

There isn’t much else to it, besides that we kind of met by chance. He, originally from Ohio, and me, being from South Carolina, both decided it was a good idea to call Miami home for a while at separate times of our lives…and that is how we met. In the Sunshine State. Little Cuba. The Venice of the Americas. And I am forever grateful for that one November night that we crossed paths in 2012…

We filmed a fun Q&A on my channel in honor of our 4 year anniversary. We haven’t done anything like this before so I figured what better time then now? We answer questions such as how we met, our favorite memory together, discuss kids and marriage. Plus where we see ourselves living in the future…still kind of ‘tbd’.

I wanted to share some of my favorite memories with Jared over the past 4 years. Luckily, we have never had to do long distance, so we are pretty close in that we see each other daily and are with each other even more now than ever.

So, without further adieu, here are some of my favorite memories:

• Experiencing a NBA championship in Miami | 6.2013
  • Riding the coasters at Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH | 8.2013
  • Attending our first concert together to see Kanye at the American Airlines Arena | 11.2013
  • Going to Disney World for the first time for our one year anniversary | 2.9.14
  • Winning a free two night stay at a hotel on Miami Beach for 4th of July Weekend | 7.2014
  • Our first spa day and massage at the Fountainbleu Hotel in Miami Beach | 12.2014
  • Going to see our first musical, The Lion King, on Broadway in Ft Lauderdale | 1.2015
  • Skydiving-My video and Jared’s video | 4.2015
  • Getting our first apartment together in Ft Lauderdale | 4.2015
  • Our First Vacation Overseas Β | 6.2015
  • Moving to Italy | 7.2016
  • Traveling to France and Spain for the first time | 8.2016

We have had our fair share of great experiences and hope we can continue to live a life well traveled rich in culture, language, food, and love.

Thank you all for being a part of our journey. Also, I just decided, that with each blog post I want to leave you with a quote, verse, or thought I’m pondering at the moment. So today I am leaving you with this…

“Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”- Isaiah 41:10.

Read this verse this past week and felt like it came at just the right time. Hope it does the same for you.

All my love,
Estrella

Advertisements

30 thoughts on “Here’s to Four Years…

1. Katie Dawes says:

This is adorable… and I’m so pleased you’ve experienced so many happy memories together! I’m back in Rome from tomorrow so we’ll have to schedule a cocktail toast to the two of you πŸ™‚ Happy Anniversary!

Thank you Athena! It’s always nice to find other US bloggers sharing the same love for Italy through photography in the online space. Where are you originally from? We haven’t yet visited Naples, would love to head that way at some point.

• mexploring says:

Oh yes, I am happy to have a man who can celebrate anything (and has enough of Spanish wine at home, which is verrry expensive in Norway). While I am more of a modest, almost puritan kind πŸ™‚ Who is la fiesta in your couple? ))

• mexploring says:

I thought so! You are the Latin soul, and your celebration spirit is there – right? (Ehm, I don’t even know when we have our anniversary. Our relationship had two rounds, and I didn’t keep any dates. Actually never with relationships – no dates, no anniversaries. Maybe, when we get married, I’ll have one ;))

lol marriage is the most important thing. After that date, I guess every date before that is irrelevant, maybe other than the date you met. But yes it’s hard to keep track of all these dates, I understand.

• mexploring says:

What about you? May I ask, what is your anniversary, the day you met, or got together? (I realized that there has never been a Day when we became a couple, you know this process when you date for months or not – and voila, you are partners!)

Our dating anniversary is 2/9/13 and we met on 11/3/12. We don’t celebrate the day we met and rarely our anniversary to be honest, maybe just a nice dinner. And we have kind of stopped with the materialistic gifts just because we would rather spend our money on experiences and traveling. So that seems to have been the trend as of recently. How long have you been with your partner?

• mexploring says:

wow, such a precision! I am impressed. Yes, I find it too that the things overflow, and experiences are so much more valuable now πŸ™‚
        Oh, our story is like a telenovela, it has more seasons to it πŸ™‚ We met like 6 years ago and started dating, but at that time I was emotionally connected to another guy, and he got me back. We were (me and that guy) like friends with benefits, and he got me back to be a couple now. After 1,5 year we broke up – and then I met Carles again, like randomly, on the street. It was 4 years ago, and we started dating again πŸ™‚ Then we thought it was a relationship, but it took many turns, ups and downs, until now when we can say “this is it!”. Makes it complicated for finding an anniversary date, haha.

LOL, wow it really does sound like a telenovela. But to be honest, these kind of stories are more interesting to hear and tell. Our story is pretty boring in comparison to yours, haha. Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time to see him again so it must be meant to be πŸ™‚

• mexploring says:

Lol, you are right, I enjoy telling our story, such a drama, hehe. Yes, that was destiny, I tell him often. “And it was I who saw you on that street”))) I am sure, you also have some stories to tell, so head up πŸ˜‰