26 thoughts on “My Winter in Rome Experience

1. Capuano says:

WOW. Were do We sign. Seeing Rome through this blog entry made us wish we were with you. What an incredible experience. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Your love for new adventure helps us dream!

Wishing you were here too to enjoy all these exciting moments with us. Glad that we are able to fulfill some sense of that wanderlust through post and pictures. Makes it feel as if you aren’t so far away. X, Estrella

If not this year, definitely plan for it next year. The coupon codes I mentioned are valid for next year too in case you are able to squeeze in a Rome trip. Regardless, whenever you do have a chance to visit, make sure to check out the tours, hotels, eateries I mentioned-I promise you won’t be disappointed!!

2. mexploring says:

Wow! For an experience! The pictures are great, the food looks mouth-watering, and the whole idea makes me envious)). I would love to get to bloggers meetup, gonna do my research now 😉

and I am definitely checking out your instagram!))

Thank you! Yes it was so amazing because there were bloggers who joined us here in Rome from all over Europe. It was so awesome to included and amongst everyone. Definitely connect with as many bloggers in your area as you can. It definitely helps to be involved with those type of things depending on who you know 😉

The organizer of the event, Linda who is also the owner and founder of The Beehive Hostel in Rome, reached out to me about being a part of the Winter In Rome initiative where bloggers from all over Europe come together for a fun filled weekend in Rome. I knew Linda before because her hostel is where I host my monthly Rome Blogger meet-ups and we were able to connect that way. We were so happy to be a part of it that weekend.

• mexploring says:

Sounds just great! I am impressed by your initiative, you have some good organizational skills. And I find it amazing how you use them to grow a community and connect people. Thumps up and my respect! Hope, next time I would come too :))

Yes, its been such a great way to meet and connect with other creatives in the city especially since you said, it can feel lonely in this space and especially living in a new country more so, so it has benefited me in making new friends and the others that are involved in it as well.

• mexploring says:

You are such a great example to me! I never thought of searching for offline meeting of bloggers. I will definitely do it when I back to Oslo. The community is so important to keep up the motivation 🙂

Yes, it really is like traveling in a time machine to thousands of years ago. Sometimes I take the beauty of Rome for granted I think, but this weekend reminded me how lucky I am to live here. Thanks for reading!

Hi Karlie! Thanks for stopping by. I’m glad that this post makes you want to visit again. I think any place is what you make of it. Depending on the people you are with and what you do. Rome is more than just going to visit art history museums and visit ancient sights. All the above things I mentioned I think everyone would enjoy…food tours, vespa rides, etc. I do hope you get a chance to visit again!