Giving gifts to others is something I particularly enjoy and more often than not I lean towards gifting beauty products since that tends to be what I know the most about. Lately I’ve been gifting products from Lush because they have the cutest packaging and everything they have smells genuinely fresh and invigorating (well…almost everything)! Don’t believe me? Just walk into your local Lush store and see for yourself.
After all these years of purchasing Lush for others, I decided it was time to try their products myself. After all, I was in need of a new toner, eye cream, and face/body scrub. I have been using these products for the past month or so now and here is my take on each one…
Eau Roma Water Toner– I normally use a toner everyday, morning and night, to help clean the dead skin off my face. My go-to toner for years has been the Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2 for my dry combination skin, although I decided to switch it up this time around. I also have been loving the Beauty Water in the past (check out my review on this product here), although this is a bit more pricey so I only purchase when it’s on sale. After using the Lush toner for several weeks, here is my opinion on it so far:
- Very easy to use; just spritz all over face and wait to air dry or wipe off excess with a cotton round.
- Smells nice and calming-the ONLY two active ingredients in this toner is rose and lavender.
- Lightweight. Won’t burn or irritate skin. Great for sensitive skins.
- Bottle is black, so you can’t see how much or how little is left.
- The “deep cleaning” I would get with my Clarifying Lotion, I don’t feel with this product.
- No noticeable results.
Enchanted Eye Cream– I don’t have a go-to eye cream so I always use a different one (haven’t found one that I love yet). The main reason for using an eye cream for me, is to help combat the first signs of aging as well as help diminish the look of dark circles. Here is how it has tested out so far:
- Very lightweight formula that dries easily on the skin.
- Smells great with hints of lavender and honey.
- Keeps skin around eye moisturized.
- No noticeable differences so far.
- I don’t like the way the product is dispensed through the pump, I feel like a lot of product is wasted this way. I much prefer when eye creams are in jars.
- Again, the same issue as with the toner. Black, opaque, bottle doesn’t allow me to see how much product is left.
Dark Angels Face and Body Cleanser Scrub– I always use a scrub at least once a week and also wanted something I could use on my body for an all over exfoliation. I specifically wanted something with charcoal and when I came across this, I was excited to try it.
- Leaves skin soft and smooth.
- Messy! I use this product in the sink and the shower. The black mess it creates against the white of the bathroom causes a huge mess.
- Smell- I thought everything in Lush smelled good…until I bought this product. It has a smell of licorice, not the good Twizzlers kind, but the black, gingery smell. I should have smelled it while in the store, but again I am naive and thought how could anything in that store smell bad?
- This scrub is best for oily, acne-prone skin, which are neither my concern so I feel like this probably isn’t the best scrub for me. I should have done my research prior to purchasing.
Although I am not completely in love with any of the products I purchased, I won’t give up on Lush just yet! I still love their concept on not being tested on animals, and I think many of their other products are neat that I would love to try.
So, what are you saying about Lush? Have you tried it? If so, what are your favorite Lush products?
All my love,