Summer is right around the corner which means more barbeques, pool parties, and beach days ahead as the days get longer and the nights shorter. The official start of summer is June 20th but the weather is already heating up so why not get the summer festivities started a little early?!?
If you’ve been keeping up with my blog you probably already know one of my favorite things to do is to go to the beach. It’s a great place to people watch and the perfect way to unwind, relax, and just enjoy the weather. For me, a beach day has to be planned out accordingly so I can ensure I will have time to enjoy it to the fullest. I also make sure to pack my bag full of all my essentials for the beach, pool, or wherever I’m going when I know I’m going to be outside. If you’re interested to see what those items are, keep reading!
- Sunglasses- I love bringing a good quality pair of sunglasses with me. The skin around the eyes is the thinnest of the entire face, so it’s so crucial to protect your eyes at all times to help prevent discoloration and signs of aging in the future.
- Sunscreen- this is the most obvious. I tend to get dark really, really fast. I always opt to go with a sunscreen SPF 50 or higher. Since I already have a natural tan, I would rather protect my skin than increase the tan even more. Always remember to apply a shot size amount of sunscreen to the entire body every 2 hours and a pea size amount to the face every hour or so.
- A good magazine or book-when laying out underneath the sun, I like to take a short nap or indulge in my newest book or magazine.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray- this special aloe activated water instantly soothes and cools by skin. It’s oil free and helps to balance out my hydrated skin with extra moisture.
- Portable charger-sometimes beach days become an all-day affair. In those cases, I will carry my portable charger with me, because we all know iPhones don’t have the longest lasting batteries.
- Cold bottled water-for obvious reasons. Stay hydrated!
- Snacks-almonds, nuts, or anything I can munch on that won’t melt or get sticky in the heat.
- Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint Moisturizing Lip Balm- I tend to wear little or no makeup at the beach, but if I do opt to have a little color on my lips I like to use the Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint Moisturizing Lip Color Balm. The color pictured is 03 Budding Blossom. This little lip balm is packed with shea and mango butters making it super moisturizing and doesn’t look like I have anything on. Just enhances the natural color of my lips.
I can’t wait to visit the beach this year! Since I am currently back in South Carolina, some of my favorite beaches to visit are Isle of Palms and Folly Beach. What items do you like to take to the beach? And what are some favorite beaches near you?