The weather down here in South Florida has been spoiling us recently. I like to consider this time of the year to be my favorite, temperature wise, because of the warm air but cool breeze that surrounds me whenever I’m outside. So in lieu of the season, I put together a post on what this time of the year means to me as it gets closer to the longer days and shorter nights ahead aka summer.
I have also partnered up with, fashion blogger, Keri from http://www.anenclothedcognition.com to show you different ways to style for spring, no matter where you are; be it in a tropical climate or elsewhere.
You can never go wrong with a skater dress(as pictured above) for the season, if weather permits of course. They are so easy to style, as you just slip it on, add some accessories, and you’re out the door! What really caught my attention when I first spotted this dress was the pattern- it seems like a print my grandma would wear, aka very “vintage”, haha. It’s not for everyone, but I fell in love with it and it was under $15 at Kohl’s so I was a very happy girl with the purchase to say the least.
Besides the beautiful spring weather, there are other things that I love about spring, including the following:
- my birthday! I am a June baby but my b-day falls a day short of the beginning of summer this year
- My baby sister(8th child) was born just a few weeks ago, making her a Taurus
- this season marks my 4 year anniversary joining Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated
- during the 2nd quarter of the year, I like to re-evaluate my goals and reflect on the beginning of the year
- spring is the season of new beginnings and so it’s never too late to get motivated with those new years resolutions that slipped through the cracks
Speaking of new beginnings, I am excited to feature my first collaboration on my blog with a girl that caught my attention after stalking her Instagram page, haha. Keri has such a unique, but simple & classy look wearing a sweater dress and lightweight jacket for those chillier Pennsylvania nights. She featured this spring ootd on her blog which you can check out here
What does the spring season mean to you and what’s your go-to #ootd to accommodate the weather wherever you are? Would love to hear them.