Da-da-da-dahhhhh (drum roll please….)
There are only a few things I can’t live without. Well technically…I could, but for the sake of this post, there are just some things too good to go on without. Lately, I have been trying to be more of a minimalist when it comes to makeup. Having grown older (and hopefully wiser) I have learned that the caked-on makeup face is just not all that cute anymore-if it ever really was. Typically I just layer on some foundation, powder, eyeliner, and mascara and I’m out the door. But time and time again, I tend to gravitate towards these items (pictured above), because they have never let me down and I have found them to be so useful. Some I use on a daily basis and others more sparingly. Regardless I love them all the same!
Items mentioned are:
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer in Park Ave Princess click here. Sometimes I have problems finding bronzers or foundations that don’t look too pink on me, so I do tend to use this one the most out of all my bronzers because of its neutral undertones.
2. Mai Couture Hello Gorgeous “Makeup Paper” Travel Blush in Montecito click here. These little sheets of paper have been such an instrumental part of my packing ritual on my last couple of trips. No brush needed. All I have to do is wipe one sheet across my cheekbones and I get a beautiful sweep of color that looks natural. It’s so compact and saves so much space plus it won’t break or shatter!
3. Colour Pop Ultra Matte Lip in Stingraye (bottom) and Beeper (top) click here. I know I am probably late to the Colour Pop craze that has been spreading all over social media like wild fire. I purchased my first pair of Colour Pop Ultra Matte Lippies on Black Friday (hello $5 matte lip!) and decided to go with the brown/nude toned hues. I love that they are indeed, ultra matte. The only downside for me is that my lips have a tendency to get dry rather quickly and this lip product doesn’t help with that, so it’s not something I tend to wear on a daily basis.
4. Benefit Air Patrol BB Cream Eyelid Primer click here. Looking for the perfect neutral shade eyelid primer can be quite tedious. Luckily a friend of mine gave me this which I have been loving because of the perfect color canvas it leaves me with. The color of the primer is inviting enough to wear on its own or by layering shadows on top. Just a little bit on each lid goes a long way!
5. Starlooks Pro Luxe Longwear Eyeliner Pen in Black click here. Pretty self explanatory I think. The perfect felt tip eyeliner pen. Not too thick, not too thin and gives the perfect flick every time. See my current eyeliner tutorial here:
6. MAC Pigment Colour Powder in Naked click here. The easiest way to create a smokey eye…literally. When I combine a bunch of colors together for an eye look and they start to look too harsh or I want to turn a down a notch, I dust a light amount of this pigment on my lids and blend. It gives it a pearly, iridescent glow that I love.
Here I am wearing the completed look, plus all the items mentioned above!
Have you tried any of the products I mentioned and how do you like them? Let me know what products you are loving this season or from last year. Would love to hear your favorites!