When most people my age think of commitment, they are probably thinking of marriage or their careers but the first thing that comes to my mind is how long I’ve been committed to my monthly beauty subscriptions. Okayyy..so maybe that’s not the FIRST thing that comes to mind but I have been a loyal customer to beauty subscriptions, Ipsy and Birchbox, for several years now. The femininity in my veins runs thick so I like to”spoil” myself every month by receiving my glam bags and boxes. I don’t foresee that I will ever get tired of opening my mailbox to that shiny pink Ipsy bag or the creatively designed Birchbox and here are a few reasons why…
- The size of the samples that I receive are the perfect size to carry with me in my handbag, purse, carry-on, etc. Although they may appear small, don’t be fooled by the size of the samples in this video as they last much longer than you’d think.
- I am able to try sooo many different products, some of which I honestly wouldn’t be able to afford the full size version anyway. The sheer volume of products allows me to experiment with different brands of skincare, makeup, hair, nails, etc. without breaking the bank. I can literally have a different look everyday!
- While the goodies inside are the star of the show, I do appreciate all the bags I have collected over the past years as they work perfectly for holding the random knickknacks that I keep in my handbag. The boxes do not get neglected either as I use them to store my makeup into different categories which allows me to create a beautifully organized makeup collection.
- They make perfect gifts! Occasionally, I’ll give some samples in a “bundle” to family and friends and it makes for a really cute gift for birthdays or holidays.
- Last but not least…did I mention they are only $10/month for each?! If you do the math, it’s only $2 a pop (there are 5 samples in each bag, each month) which is quite frankly a steal! Especially considering that occasionally some of the items I receive are full size and retail at $10+ by itself!
If you stick through all 8 minutes and 43 seconds of my video, you will see me go into more detail about each product I received in last month’s December collections and I give an honest review of which one I think is better!
I am in no way being sponsored to talk about how awesome Ipsy and Birchbox are, I just really love them that much. Haha. If you are a subscriber to either of these, what do you think of them? And are there any other beauty subscriptions that I should check out? Would love to hear your comments!